1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hi! New to the forum, (not) new to bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Erithon, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Erithon

Erithon

Apr 2, 2018
    Like many others I've been lurking for years, reading threads that Google searches have brought to my attention. I figured it was time I formally joined!

I started on the double bass in elementary school and picked up bass guitar in high school. I still play both, as well as acoustic guitar and various mandolin-family instruments. In college I began to explore various pedal effects. My RAT died the other week so I've just purchased a Fuzzrocious Cat King. The forum here put it and a few other options on my radar. There is such a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw on here!

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!!!!

We're a bunch of weirdos for sure. But we usually help out when we can. Glad to add your knowledge and exeprience to the collective pile!

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    By the way, what kind of music do you like/play?

What kind of scene are you in?

4. Erithon

Erithon

Apr 2, 2018
    Thanks!
    I like pretty much any music where I can hear the technical command of the musicians. I listen to all sorts of stuff: classical, rock, alternative, metal, traditional Irish, progressive bluegrass...
    At the moment I play classical music in an orchestra and CCM at church. I've done the band thing (original alternative rock and some cover stuff) and I'll do so again at some point. In college I played some jazz, but that was more an exploratory experience: there's only so much time, and it's hard to be highly skilled at a variety of genres, you know?

5. Correct, enjoy the styles YOU Like. Country and Praise fills the time I can give to music.

Welcome.