Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HI, newbie here with a question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SilverELEX, Oct 28, 2003.

1. SilverELEX

SilverELEX

Oct 28, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I play a Ibanez srx300 and seem to have a buzzing/almost flat sound while struming the E string. What could it be? Strings, neck, or is the bass just garbage? Thanks

Jason

2. It can be somehting as simple as needing to raise the bridge saddle for that string.

How is the intonation?

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. SilverELEX

SilverELEX

Oct 28, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    IM sorry I dont know what Intonation is, what is Intonation?

4. Okay mate,

i dont want this to sound downgrading etc but search this Setup forum for Intonation, neck relief, truss rod, rattle, buzz, action.

I suggested this to a new user once before, they came back with "okay, ive done some reading, my action is too low, i attempted to such and such and its okay, but still buzzes". Then we (myself, hambone and the users here at TB) then focused the answer to the users particular bass.

Check that out. Feel free to drop me a PM as well if you need.

:D:D

Merls

5. There is a very nice Guide written by Gary Willis and he calls it THE SETUP INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
    http://www.garywillis.com/pages/bass/bassmanual/setupmanual.html

Check under intonation and if you have any questions feel free to ask, we can and will help you!

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. SilverELEX

SilverELEX

Oct 28, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks a whole bunch guys. Ill check all those ideas out.

Jason