Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hi

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Imrik Darkside, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Hi everyone - new to this site an I'm most likely the youngest.

Hi to everyone:D

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Hi! welcome to TB.

You are far from being the youngest member. We range in age from real old to real young. Oddly, age doesn't really matter much on TB.

Pkr2

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Eh up ;)

Welcome to TB, Im slowly getting accepted I think.

This forums pretty good; the other users are helpful and freindly and the mods+admin do their jobs great too!

I noticed you have capitals in the right places etc', I've learnt that TB'ers seem to like that ;)

PS - merry xmas [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, your 18, theres members on here who are 13 and 14. I'm 18 this jan btw.

pps - on your site you say your a witch, whats that involve?

4. :cool: welcome to TB... :cool: and Happy Holidays.

Fetch!

5. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Welcome to TB. Hope you enjoy!

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    are you from the 2002 wave of kids getting a new bass this christmas?

welcome!! :D

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Welcome to TalkBass....cheer up! ;)

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  9. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Bienvenido a TB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ?bienvenido a hablar sobre baja?

hehe. as far as "class of 2002" is concerned...i'm a "c/o 1999" alum!

welcome and have a happy fun time.

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Whats up bass brother? and yeah,, is it just me,,, or are we getting ALOT of new guys in here??? IT'S GREAT!!! Well, for the most part.

Welcome to TB.

EDIT: looked at your post,,,, you DO know that God GAVE that number to satan, 666 means "short of the mark," "imperfection". 777 is also in the bible to denote perfection, and the reason they say these numbers 3 times, is to REALLY BRING THE POINT HOME, in hebrew, they would bring attension to something by repeating it 3 times.... cool huh?ok....*rant off*

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool, welcome to talkbass. :)

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, if you read the original translations from the aramaic that are in the catholic (not king james) version of the bible, the passage states "a certain wisdom is needed here; with a little ingenuity anyone can calculate the number of the beast, for it is a number that stands for a certain man. the man's number is six hundred and sixty-six."

remember that the book of revelations was written as resistance literature, much like the book of daniel before it, only in this case, resistance to the roman occupation of isreal and persecution of the early christians, and therefore contained many coded statements to convey potentially unpatriotic concepts. coupled with the fact that every letter in the hebrew and greek alphabets both had numeric values, the number of the beast is thought to represent certain roman emperors, most probably ceasar nero, who persecuted the early church harshly.

unfortunately, the king james version reworked much of the bible to suit the political climate of the time, and massaged the verbiage of this particular passage, among others, to help justify witch hunts and other persecutions.

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well looky there, I learn something new every day, thanks for the insight JT.;)

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    no sweat, kiddo. my pleasure :)

16. Welcome to TB!

:D:D

Merls

17. Welcome to talkbass.

BTW: I'm younger:D

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, freaky fender's pretty young too, although wise beyond his ears. i mean years. :D

19. welcome to TB. this is a great place.