Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cliff is god., Apr 28, 2003.

1. cliff is god.

cliff is god.

Apr 28, 2003
    Im new here, so, just letting you people know, Im 14 and my favorite bassist is Cliff Burton, and right now im playing :::hangs head:::: a squire
  2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hey man how is it going..welcome to TB.

Your last statement however, should have read:

"right now I am playing...:::holds head up high:::...bass"
  3. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Exactly. When I was 14 I had a cheapo Cimar bass. Did the job just fine.

Welcome to TB.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey there, welcome to talkbass :)

Post Of The Day :D
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

welcome aboard, man
  6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    hey man welcome to TB...

when i was 14...i had a Crate...now im 16...and still have a Crate....but also a nice fender deluxe p....so its all good....

have fun here

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hi Cliff - hope you enjoy yourself here. You will learn a lot. It's good to see such a young person is a fan of Cliff - when I was 14, I was many many years away from picking up a bass...you and your squire are on the right path.
  9. Can one of you tell me some Good Cliff Burton stuff to listen to. Ive heard tons and tons and tons about him being so good and so fast but Ive never heard a single thing by him. Your help would be apreciated.
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, cliff burton played on kill 'em all, ride the lightning, and master of puppets...metallica did a video tribute called cliff 'em all that kinda shows his playing. all of his playing suits metallica's playing, but none of it is all that fast...the bass solo on kill 'em all is about as fast as he got as far as recordings go, but the phrasings are all guitar type riffs. he fit the bill, though....awesome bassist