1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1. chicagobob

chicagobob

Mar 20, 2013
    Braidwood, Il
    Hey all, my name is ChicagoBob and I would like to introduce myself. I have been playing bass for a number of years and like many of us I am totally not satisfied with my playing. Stuck in the metal rut I am finally trying to enhance my abilities along with honing my slap/funk techniques. Hope to see ya around.:bassist:

Bob

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Welcome aboard!

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome!

Victor Wooten once said, "I learn more from things that I don't like than from things I do like." Just pick some music you wouldn't normally listen to and learn a few songs. That should break you from your rut. If you run up against a technique you don't have down, check out some youtube videos. Odds are there's a video of some guy playing that exact song on bass sitting on his bed or at his desk. It will act as a pretty good visual aid. If it just confuses you, get on the technique forum and post a link to the video along with any questions you have. That should narrow down the answers you get.

Best of luck!

4. chicagobob

chicagobob

Mar 20, 2013
    Braidwood, Il
    thanks fingers!!

5. Hey Chicagobob.... I'm a noob here myself, but welcome. I live out by Elgin.