Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hidden Beach Recordings...........Unwrapped Volume 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ebozzz, May 12, 2003.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Any Hip-Hop/Rap lovers in the house? Well, how would you like to hear some of the most popular Hip-Hop tracks that have been smoothed out on the Jazz tip by the likes of Patrice Rushen, Jeff Lorber & Andrew Gouché? If it sounds interesting you need to check out Unwrapped Volume 1 & 2!

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I get into the "Trip-Hop" stuff more... Check out: Dreamworld: Essential Late Night Listening

3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks for the tip! ;)

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Sounds like interesting material. Darius Rucker, frontman from Hootie and the Blowfish, released his solo album on Hidden Beach...fantastic album! I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

5. Boafamily

Boafamily

Jun 6, 2002
    ebozzz,

Is telling the truth on these CD's....

There is some serious bass being played on several tracks on the volume 2 and if you have a taste for contemporary jazz then you will not be disappointed with these CD's even if you aren't a big fan of hip hop.

These CD's allowed my kids the ability to listen to the grooves and hooks without the creative language that sometimes accompanies some of the original tracks if you know what I mean?

:cool:

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    What's up Big Bro! :D ;)