1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hidden Gems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Barkless Dog, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I was going thu my closet selling off some unused equipment to help finance my DPLEIII Decade when I cam across these two pedals. I was going to off them for like $50 each till I looked them up and plugged them in again. Now I plan on keeping them and using them again.

DOD PHASOR 401B
    dod.gif

I found out this is a rather rare & sought after little guy who people are paying up to $500 for. I plugged it in and found out why, It has the warmest, clear, gentle phasing I ever heard. Push it and you get the great warble tremolo sound back off a bit and get smooth creamy warm waves , but never overiding your tone. Great effect pedal.

Next up was my Boss DM2 Delay
    delay.gif

I always knew thas was a great delay pedal. I use to use it a lot. What I did not know is that it is supposed to be the best & last of the anologue Boss pedals and was only built for a couple of years, then they changed it. I read they are hard to find and again going for $200- $300!

The internet killed the days of garage sale gold

2. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Cool pedals, but $500 for a DOD phasor? I find that extremely hard to believe.

3. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Ha, there has to be one too many zeros in there.

4. OmBot

OmBot

Jan 11, 2006
    Oslo, Norway

Read the bottom line of the review:

5. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    I was looking into that Boss delay on ebay. I think it went for around $150 - not bad for vintage analog delay, especially when the new DD-6's are around the same price.

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    That Boss DM2 is very highly regarded and they are not easy to come by. Dont hear of too many bass player using them but guitar players go nuts for them.

7. You've heard of me!

Man, frankly I think you're crazy to be selling a DM-2. They're awesome pedals... but waste not want not!

8. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i think he decided against selling them, actually....

9. oops.

Ug. Me observant.

10. Barkless Dog

Jan 19, 2007
    I used it playing live for A Stanley Clarke funk pop sound & Pink Floydish stuff. A touch of delay fills out your sound really nice, and gave my tone a bit of warmth. The studio I use to record at had a Space Echo, this was the only pedal I could find that came close to it. I bought it new back in the 80's.

I used it a lot playing live.

I bought the Line 6 delay (green box) and have been pretty much using that. I do notice I can't get the same warmth from it that can from the Boss pedal.

Anyone try the DOD Phasor?
    It's a really cool little pedal.

Anyone else have a hidden Gem pedal besides the MeatBall & Akia Deep space pedal?

11. Barkless Dog

Jan 19, 2007
    I also used to have an amazing Flanger that was dark red Cast housing with two knobs that was really great, but was stolen. I can't remember if it was a MXR?

What are some great overlooked pedals you have?

12. Barkless Dog

Jan 19, 2007
  13. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Bought a new ART PhatBoy back in the late '90s but the durn thing went belly-up few years back. I finally found a used one at a decent price and added it to the arsenal. The presets are just that...preset. Aside from a wet/dry knob, the effects are non-tweakable but are voiced nicely. Its the perfect set-up for compulsive knob turners.

Riis

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021