Hi, I have just encountered a problem while working on a neck and I though it worth sharing. Before I go any further, I just want to say that the solutions I'm giving here is what I think it was the best for my project. I don't have answers for everyone. Secondly, I did a few tricks on my table saw that should not be tried by any unexperienced wood worker. In other words: "Kids don't try this at home!" So! I am currently working on a really nice bass for the last year. That's right, a year long build. I was working on the headstock lately. I use a three main piece kind of headstock: center and two pieces on each sides. So I cut the maple to have what I need, glue them on each sides. Then I prepared a 24 pieces thin layer to use on top, and it's been glued. I drill the tuner holes and I cut the headstock shape. Now things got bad... I discovered a really, really "nice" surprise from mother nature: hidden anomaly in maple. Because I made both sides from the same board, well, the problem is on both sides. Pictures! What can I do about this? I just can't leave these bad false knot or whatever nature did there. It took me a while to think about a solution and I came to conclusion that there is only one solution: cut the headstock and start over. Because the neck use an angled neck and I started to radius the fingerboard, well the only flat part of the neck is the headstock. My main tool is a table saw so I manage to build a rig so I can clamp the neck on and use my table saw to cut the headstock sides. Pictures! Side A: Side B: Side B (close up): As you can see, I cut each sides of the headstock. The first side was done with the table saw fence on the right of the blade which is standard. The second cut was done with the fence on the other side of the blade. On Side B pictures, the neck is in reverse, I cut the headstock first. I flip the rig for the picture only. This is where I realized I wasn't a lefty. But don't worry, I still have all my fingers (thank God). Finally here is what it looks like: Skinny head: The new headstock sides are still under clamps right now so i'll continue this thread later this week... By the way, I am using a 80teeths Freud blade on my table saw. It takes longer to cut, but the finish is so smooth, I can glue it right away. There will be more pictures this week with, hopefully the final result. Thanks for reading my bad english!