Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

High C fender jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkopotimus, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Do you guys know if its possible to get hands on a fender five with the high C string ?

peace,steve

2. nikofthehill

nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    i don't think fender, or any other company sells very many fives with a high C. the easy thing to do is buy a standard fender jazz V and slap on a 6 string set w/ out the low B. EADGC. You may have to adjust the nut and intonation and stuff like that, but many talkbassers have converted 5s, so you shouldnt have any problems if you ask for help
    -nik

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Theres one here at a local music store, if I remember correctly. I'm heading over there in the next few days, so I could check prices and get a phone #, if you'd like. I live in Michigan, I don't know if you'd be willing to travel from Canada to check it out.

Let me know.

4. i know that fender made some for a very limited time i read that they made like five hundred of them? i know John Paul Jones owned one for a while also.

thanks man but thats a little too far for me right now!

peace

5. Hey Funkopotimus, yer back!

Do you mean a Jazz strung E to C? You can do that on any 5 string. You might have to get a new nut if the original was filed for B to G. You'd have to buy 6 string sets, I think. Especially 'round here.

6. hey man! yeah i'm back, PM me sometime if you get the chance.

yeah there was really just this bass i read about once that was made with the high C apparently it didnt fly though