high end basses online

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Hey guys, thanks for all your help in giving me some 5 string options. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any good, quality websites that sell these higher-end basses (Tobias, MTD, Modulus,Ken Smith,etc.)? I know a lot of these are custom made but is there a website that sells already made basses (preferably not used) from these companies? Also, for those of you who have played them, what do you think of Fodera, MTD, and Pedulla basses? They are my top 3 choices as of now but they are a little pricey... just wondering if anyone's owned one on here.
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

bass central

Bass Northwest
  3. jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    I own two Pedullas that I love and Mike responds to my e-mails within a few hours, we have been having a banter over string guages all week.
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    One easy way to find these basses online is to go to the luthiers' webpages and select the Dealers link. Most luthiers have a webpage and have a dealers link. :bassist:

I'd recommend doing a search to see people's comments on these basses and others. You'll uncover so much stuff your head will spin! ;)
  5. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
  6. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah, i've bought a bass from Gard @Bass Central
    Bought a cabinet from Bass Northwest
    Bought a bass from Bass Emporium
    I wouldn't hesitate to deal with any of them again.
  7. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    don't forget ..

Brian Meader from Chuck Levins' Washington music center ... he's awesome

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Don't forget my boys!!
    Low Down Sound.
    They have all the basses you mentioned with the exception of Pedulla, but I think they may have picked up the dealership at NAMM last week. Not certin, but maybe.

Fodera you say?!?!? :eyebrow:
    See my sig! :D
  9. Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Alright thanks a lot guys, I'm just having lots of trouble deciding which bass I want because they all look extremely nice and all the reviews I've read are stellar, but no music stores around me carry such high-end basses, so I can't play them to compare which I like better. So, I'm either going to have to make the decision based on reviews and your guys's advice, or I might have to stop by the next NAMM show (seems like a long time to wait, plus not a definite). So, for 2000, which 5 string fretted or fretless would you guys go for?