Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

>>>High End Cab Shoot Out ----->> Bergantino Vs. Euphonic Audio ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shimbaku, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Shimbaku

Shimbaku

Oct 31, 2002
    >>>High End Cab Shoot Out ----->>

Bergantino Vs. Euphonic Audio

If you had no other choice than to use either a Bergantino 2x10 or a Euphnoic Audio 2x10 - which would it be (?) and why (?) for the following applications:

[[[Funk]]]

[[[Fusion]]]

[[[Jazz]]]

[[[Rock]]]

2. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I'd go with the EA because of the great low end definition but I'm sure the Bergantino can handle all those gigs.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the EA seems like a more well rounded cab for something only a 2x10. but your back will pay for it. dearly.

EDIT: i just took a gander at the EA site, and it says its 62 lbs., but IMHO, NO WAY. sucker must be at least 70-75 lbs. and no, i'm not a girlie man. :p

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I greatly prefer the tone of the Bergie.

5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
  6. Bergie. EA's 2x10 isn't their best cab.

7. its all about the HT322! it is the best single cab ive ever played! 2x10's + 1x12 and perfectly mated sonically!

guilty admission: Ive never played an EA :D

8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Which EA 210 are you thinking of? The CXL or the VL210? I have 2 Vl210's and these things are amazing. Huge low end. Handles my B string powered by a PLX 1602 with ease. Mids that cut through via the two 5.25 in. mid drivers and clean clear highs. They are a bit heavier that most 210's but I really don't think 62 lbs is that big a deal

9. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I vote Bergie. To me, they're not as clean as the EA, and that serves up a better tone with more ease for those kind of gigs.

Truly though, either one will be a great choice.

10. Shimbaku

Shimbaku

Oct 31, 2002
    Thank you for your replies

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Joker, the weight is correct. Not saying you're a girlie man but come on.... 62 lb. is hardly heavy for a bass cab;). I don't know why 50 and 60lb. cabs are giving you so much trouble. Ever pick up an Eden D210XLT? If so how was that weight?

I've heard people say my Ampeg combo is heavy. One suggestion for them... pick a new instrument:D

For example, trumpets and flutes are nice and light.

Oh yeah, the original question. I hope I'm never in a situation where I "had" to choose between just these two cabs. As nice as they are I wouldn't choose either.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i dunno, dood,

after a couple flights of stairs daily in my prewar building and on gig, for me, the lighter the better.

good to know, things like that dont bother you, Brad. :rolleyes:

13. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Brad, what happened? You used to be solidly in the EA camp. You don't like your cxl 110's anymore?

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Maybe he just doesn't like the 2x10.

15. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    When I hooked up a vl 208 and a VL 210 EA together at bass central, Oh my gosh!! The vl210 I feel, although not quite as "efficient", is a great sounding cabinet. My 208's are great sounding cabinets and are definitely great as a pair.

I haven't met too many 2 way cabs I've liked until the Epifani 310 that I now have. I feel that as a single cab, I'd rather have the VL210 over the CXL 210. You got 10+ more inches of speakers just to give you accurate mids. etc.

As I mentioned before somewhere, a cabinet's being flat response doesn't mean it can't get growly. It depends on what you're amplifying with what head!! It just means that whatever you're sending to the cabinet isn't being further colored by the cabinet's sonic idiosyncracies.

Are you adding a 210 to an existing rig or deciding/probing into whether to do a gig stand alone with a 210? If you have the adjustability with your preamp and bass, either cabinet you mentioned could probably handle all the styles you mentioned. I'm EA prejudiced but towards their three way cabinets, not the new more efficient concentric tweeter arrangements. That's just my opinion, but the couple Bergie's I've played through we're exceptional. It didn't fit my needs at the time I was looking.

16. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Bergs, I just love the tone of the 3-10 and 2-12.

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i dunno,

i've played thru both, and tho the Bergie is simply a gorgeous sounding cab, it tends to be a bit "polite" and not as upfront as the EA 2x10. that sucker had some gut kickin' punch. made the DB659 i was using seem herculean.

18. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    I'd vote for the EA. The VL210 feels more like 70 lbs. to me (www.thebassgallery.com/ea), and it's at the upper limit of what I'd care to tote.

19. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have the Bergie 3/10 2/12 & HT112 plus the EAVL210.....they are all great cabs!......same with Epifani etc. But the Bergie's are my favorite;)

20. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I have no doubt that it's a royal PITA for you to carry in your situation...

That still doesn't make a 62 lb. cab more than 62 lb., dood :rolleyes: ;)