1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

High-end interconnect cable?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by btrag, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btrag

btrag

Mar 7, 2005
    Chicago
    This is NOT a classified, but more of a feeler thread. I have a few very high-end instrument cables made by Cardas. Before I post a classified ad, I am wondering, would anyone be interested in expensive cables such as these? I apologize if this breaks forum rules.

2. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    High-end means expensive means you've got money means you've got status means you'll hear a difference. I mean, if the cable was that expensive, it's gotta be better, right? But that's something only the very refined can hear, of course.

Reminds me of a story I heard as a child ;)

3. Sounds familiar... something about an emperor and haberdashery wasn't it?

4. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    Snow White and the three little haberdashers?

5. btrag

btrag

Mar 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Wouldn't it be easier and more conclusive to try an expensive cable and determine if you hear a difference?

6. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Why not just post an ad and see if it sells? Some people are interested in different cable technologies, and some are not.

7. No. I also do not feel the need to experiment with pixie dust to conclusively prove my ability to fly. If you spent anywhere near what a quick glance at the website shows the price of those things to be I am very, very sorry. I spend about a $0.75 a foot on wire, I'll take them off your hands for that.

8. :hyper:

Exactly.

I spent thousands on an electrical engineering education so I don't have to spend thousands on snake oil.

9. btrag

btrag

Mar 7, 2005
    Chicago
    I know, but I usually don't sell much bass equipment, and wanted to know before I spent money on a membership to post a classified.

I'm agreeing with the other posters. I didn't hear a difference myself. The difference: I tried them! Obviously, you're posting, so the topic is of interest to you. Why not just try one and return it if you don't hear a difference? Seems like everything else is speculation. If you hear it, you hear it, if you don't, you don't. Continue on with life. It would take one hour of your life, compared to hours of posting and defensive posts on boards. You get so worked-up over it.

10. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The Internet: Billions of angry people looking for someone to thump their chest at.

11. [​IMG]

That Cardas interconnect right there is $680 through The Cable Company in PA. It's their "Golden Reference" model.

I'm. Freaking. Speechless.

12. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Just an idea. Follow the rule of thumb and list it at 70% of the street price. There are enough people interested in trying out cables that you have as good a chance of selling one here as you have of selling one anywhere.

13. Wow, this is turning ugly in a hurry. I won't start to argue for/against the sound differences (I hang with the audiophile folk on headphone forums in my spare time) but my audiences are full of people that don't realise when the guitars aren't on in the FOH...

14. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, I have no intention on letting this thread derail into some kind of audiophile argument.

If you want to sell the cables, post in classifieds, I'm not very fond of feeler threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.