High end jazz bass for metal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metal Chuck, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    Well I have $2500 to burn, and I want a high end jazz (not Fender) and it has to be sweet for metal, bring on the suggestions!

Since I live in a rathole that mainly carries big companies, I can't get one of those luthier made thingys, so I need to get a bass that's made by a company that's high end...You know what I'm saying?

2. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    You could get a luthier made "thingy" and have them ship it to you. There are plenty of luthiers on this board who can help you out, and I'm sure you'll get something quite nice in your price range.

3. dwylie75

dwylie75

Aug 23, 2006
    Sadowsky.

d

4. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA

Or, yeah...what he said. :D

5. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Sadowsky ..
    Or maybe you could build an Warmoth , in that way you can specifie it for Metal ..

6. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida

+1!

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    yep, if I had $2500 to burn there would be no question about it.......Sadowsky

8. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    All shipping and mail service here is completely corrupt, anything of any value here is always stolen.

It's Thailand...Ya know....

9. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Oh...I didn't know you were in Thailand. If you can't have anything shipped in, I wouldn't know what you have in stores there.

10. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    Good Lord!!!! You can't get anything shipped without it being stolen???? I guess we take alot of things for granted. I may have to worry about the UPS man dropping it off the truck, but I don't worry he'll steal it!!!!

It is hard to advise you as most of us don't have a clue as to what is available in your part of the world.

11. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    I contacted customer service Sadowsky, and the dude said maybe 6-8 months to build a bass for me.

My parents are going to New York next week, so if they can find something for me there......

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Sadowsky is pure high end Metal ! [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

13. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    Sounding good, looking good and leading the band with a good, punchy, carrying tone is what I have to do.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Look no further www.sadowsky.com ! :bassist:

15. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    Well if there's ready made stuff at his shop that my mom can take pictures of and email me while she's in New York I could get something there without trying it. I trust Sadowsky's ability enough to know he makes good stuff.

It'll take him like 6-8 months to make me a 5 string NYC bass. There's no way I can go through UPS or anything, because the mail system and stuff is SO bad. Stuff either gets lost or stolen.

16. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Ah the no brainer

...Sadowsky

The 24 fret models should do you nicely

17. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    Check out Warwick basses.

18. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I'd imagine this is what he'll have "in stock" at his store... http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/nyc_b_is.html
    That black Vintage PJ looks mighty Metal to me... lovely.

19. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    I basically want a NYC Standard 5 with a nice color that shows off the quilted maple. Don't really care what the fretboard is, preferably maple.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021