High-end Low-Price Multi-Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CjPhishPhan, Jan 2, 2001.

1. CjPhishPhan

Mar 14, 2000
    I have been looking at Multi-effects pedals that are cheap, lower than $100 but I am willing to spend $150 for a good one. I have been looking at the Zoom 506 II or the Zoom GFX-708. If anyone has the GFX I would like to know somethings about it. I think the 506 is easier to customize, but I dont know.
  2. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    Out of all the cheap multi-effects processors, i perfer the KORG AX1B. It has tuner/metronome/bass sampling and all the effects you "ever and never need." It is great for at home use plus it could be great for someone that hasn't used effects a whole lot and wants to start using effects. I kind of think of it as a cheap sample of 70 stomp boxes. Using the Korg you can see what stomp boxes you want.

If you are will to spend a bunch of money you can get a line6 basspod. The king of all multieffect processors.
  3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    The ZOOM 506 II got a good review in the latest issue of BAss Player. I think American Musical Supply has them for around $90.

I own a Korg PX3B and like it a lot. It has drum tracks and a head phone jack which is great for jamming in the living room while the boss woman is watching Spin City. The effects are some of the best I've heard in a Multi unit and it's not much bigger than wy wallet. I think I paid about $200 for it.