1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

High-end Low-Price Multi-Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CjPhishPhan, Jan 2, 2001.

1. CjPhishPhan

CjPhishPhan

Mar 14, 2000
    I have been looking at Multi-effects pedals that are cheap, lower than $100 but I am willing to spend $150 for a good one. I have been looking at the Zoom 506 II or the Zoom GFX-708. If anyone has the GFX I would like to know somethings about it. I think the 506 is easier to customize, but I dont know.

2. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    Out of all the cheap multi-effects processors, i perfer the KORG AX1B. It has tuner/metronome/bass sampling and all the effects you "ever and never need." It is great for at home use plus it could be great for someone that hasn't used effects a whole lot and wants to start using effects. I kind of think of it as a cheap sample of 70 stomp boxes. Using the Korg you can see what stomp boxes you want.

If you are will to spend a bunch of money you can get a line6 basspod. The king of all multieffect processors.

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    The ZOOM 506 II got a good review in the latest issue of BAss Player. I think American Musical Supply has them for around $90.

I own a Korg PX3B and like it a lot. It has drum tracks and a head phone jack which is great for jamming in the living room while the boss woman is watching Spin City. The effects are some of the best I've heard in a Multi unit and it's not much bigger than wy wallet. I think I paid about $200 for it.