1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

High End P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rick Rice, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Mike Lull P4 or Lakland Bob Glaub ? Anyone out there played both or own one that could share some opinions, I personnally have no dealer for either in my area so have not had the privalige of really checking one out , But I'm very interested in getting a P bass and not nessesarilly a fender, also is there going to be a Lakland Skyline series Bob Glaub?

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Dealers say they're expecting one shortly.

3. If I'm not mistaken, the Lakland P has a jazz style neck.

4. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    the lakland P has a jazz neck as an option, but
    normally comes with the P neck.

bassnw has a cool one used right now..see it?

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Rick, have you seen Roger Sadowsky's Ultra-Vintage P-bass?

Oops, didn't mean to make your decision any worse! :p

6. Be sure to look at Warmoth. I'm building a P-bass right now and the parts are extremely high quality. I just got the neck yesterday and sat there and looked at it for about an hour. It is top notch and you could build one for around $600.

I am willing to bet the quality of the Lull P is not any better than Warmoth.

7. Guess it depends what you mean by quality.
    Got a Modern 5 last week, and I have a Lull P4 on the way. I'll let y'all know when it arrives.

8. I like the G&L P Bass, the SB-1, I give it an edge over Fender P Basses.

9. I think I read somewhere that the SB1 has been discontinued and I coudn't find one on tne G&L website. Once again there has got to be some Lull P4 or lakland Bob Glaub owners or at least a player who has spent some time with one pleeease , Throw me a bone here!