High End P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rick Rice, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Mike Lull P4 or Lakland Bob Glaub ? Anyone out there played both or own one that could share some opinions, I personnally have no dealer for either in my area so have not had the privalige of really checking one out , But I'm very interested in getting a P bass and not nessesarilly a fender, also is there going to be a Lakland Skyline series Bob Glaub?
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Dealers say they're expecting one shortly.
  3. If I'm not mistaken, the Lakland P has a jazz style neck.
  4. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    the lakland P has a jazz neck as an option, but
    normally comes with the P neck.

bassnw has a cool one used right now..see it?
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Rick, have you seen Roger Sadowsky's Ultra-Vintage P-bass?

Oops, didn't mean to make your decision any worse! :p
  6. Be sure to look at Warmoth. I'm building a P-bass right now and the parts are extremely high quality. I just got the neck yesterday and sat there and looked at it for about an hour. It is top notch and you could build one for around $600.

I am willing to bet the quality of the Lull P is not any better than Warmoth.
  7. Guess it depends what you mean by quality.
    Got a Modern 5 last week, and I have a Lull P4 on the way. I'll let y'all know when it arrives.
  8. I like the G&L P Bass, the SB-1, I give it an edge over Fender P Basses.
  9. I think I read somewhere that the SB1 has been discontinued and I coudn't find one on tne G&L website. Once again there has got to be some Lull P4 or lakland Bob Glaub owners or at least a player who has spent some time with one pleeease , Throw me a bone here!