1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

high/low inputs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yellofury, Jan 6, 2007.

1. what is the meaning behind separate high and low inputs on an amp?
    My Orange has this and I know a few older ones do too (Sovtek,etc,) I never had an amp that had these before
    All I know is that if I plug into the high the sound is soft then immediately loud

please help a noob

PS I did a search and got nada

2. anyone?:meh:

3. They are for active or passive basses. The high has a pad in it do lower the level coming from the bass if it's too hot. I usually just run in the passive input with my active basses and adjust acordingly with the gain and master. My theory is the less the signal has to go through before it comes out the speakers, the better.

4. +1

5. yeah thats what I thought
    because I would run my passive Fender throught the low input and it would be fine ..I just tweaked the gain accordingly
    I would try the active Spector in the high and it would be soft then immediately super loud so I had to dial back the gain alot
    it all got fixed when I went low input full time

thanks I wanted to know what the deal was