1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

high mass bridge on aerodyne non export?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LCW, Apr 6, 2009.

1. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    well i just bought a aerodyne non export model bass well i heard the bridges are recessed into the body a bit?

so is it impossible to just bolt a high mass bridge on cuz i have a gotoh 201 laying around i wanted to make use of

2. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    apparently it is a litte recessed. You can mount your gotoh if you're not afraid to cut into the bass. Cool bass anyway!

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    hmmm i'll have to think about it i am not the biggest fan of cutting into wood

anyways ya its real sweet got it for a killing at 325$ shipped to my door

4. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    wow. thats a heck of a deal!

5. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Thats what i thought! Sold my MIM P bass at a profit bought this and have some cash still , good things happen on eBay.

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wow, go LCW. You heard about my Stealth Geddy and couldnt stand not jumping on the bandwagon.

Its understandable.

7. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!

Duhhhh:) You cant be a cool kid without a CIJ Fender , everyone knows that:smug:

8. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
  9. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts

Am I missing something? If the bridge is recessed why would you need to cut into the body? I would think that the only potential problem would be if you could raise the saddles high enough to compensate for the recess and not buzz.

10. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    Well the gotoh has bigger dimensions than the stock fender bridge. So, if it is recessed for the stock bridge, it's gonna need work for something bigger.

11. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    What he said:) The Gotoh is longer in length than the stock bridge and the body is recessed enough to just fit the stock bridge.

I have seen a Gotoh 201 on one of these basses more than once , but it was the regular Aerodyne and i bought the Non-Export Model.

I guess i could stay with the stock bridge, but whats fun with that:p