Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

High-power Clarus?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Danny Adair, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Has anyone heard anything specific regarding the new Clarus IH? Bob (All Hail!) Gollihur's site has a blurb about it, but nothing definitive. I remember hearing somewhere that it would push 350 watts at eight ohms and 600 at four. Anyone heard anything to corroborate that point?

Any info would be most appreciated, as this little amp sounds very enticing!

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Those numbers are what Dr. Rick (Acoustic Image) quoted. He had a prototype at NAMM but has some changes, including a heavier chassis, that he wants to implement before offering it.

They are still busy getting caught up on back orders, so it will probably be a while. I'll likely be talking with him this week and I'll try to get an update.

I'm looking forward to the model.

3. Me, too! From what I've heard, this sounds like the first new amp I've seen (I'm a youngster - 25) that seems to provide a good alternative to Walter Woods. :)

4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I spoke with Dr. Rick yesterday and asked about the status of the 1H... it will be a while before it is available, as the heavier transformer and guts are too heavy for the 2R casing. He is also researching a lighter transformer and will even then probably design a different case to accommodate it. Don't expect to see it for a while, but I'm excited at the prospect of a higher powered Acoustic Image amp at less than 10lbs.

The 1R (Clarus 1 with reverb) is available now.

I'll keep y'all informed as I bug AI on a regular basis.