1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

High-quality art-punk (for fans of Fugazi, LSF, DLJ, etc.)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. http://www.purevolume.com/brilliantredlights

I've seen them a couple of times and picked up their album at one of those gigs (at the Fullerton train station--awesome venue!), and they are monstrous. Their bassist is sick--he's like the bastard child of John Entwistle and Steve Harris, and his tone ('70s RI J with a pick through a 2x15--I don't remember what head he uses) is delicious.

2. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
    I checked em out @ their website www.brilliantredlights.com , pretty cool , the singer reminds me of maybe the Talking Heads ? just alittle.

3. You're in the Bay Area? They'll be playing in your neck of the woods sooner or later, so check out their live show. Evan (the bassist) is a really chill dude.

4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Listening now. ME LIKEY!!! I'll have to check these guys out this summer sometime (I should be in So-Cal at some point...).

Thanks Pete.

5. They're based out of Sacramento, so it'd probably be easier for you to see them up there.

6. I'm bumping this thread because the guys are on tour right now. Schedule at brilliantredlights.com or myspace.com/brilliantredlights.