1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

High Starndard Model B (Gun Content!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Time Monkey, May 9, 2010.

1. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    Got myself a High Standard Model B semi-automatic .22 caliber pistol from my deceased step father.

It shoots, but the slider doesn't reload the next round after you fire a shot, you have to push it back in each time.

I'm thinking I need to take it apart, clean it like its a surgery room. After that, I'm thinking I will probably still have the same problem. At which point, I will have to replace some springs which I will probably have a very hard time finding.

Pooh.

Any suggestions besides sending it back to High Standard for a minimum of $67.50?

2. RayG

RayG

Oct 24, 2007
    Long Island, NY
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Could be several things:
    Is it rated for modern, hi vel 22lr? Limp wristing? Dirty chamber? Weak mag springs? Weak recoil spring? The last 4 issues you can fix yourself. You can try for springs from Brownells or Numrich Gun Parts.

4. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I dunno, but excellent quote man!!

5. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    thanks

6. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    So, when you take the slide off, you have to push in a pin on the left side of it so the spring will re seat and allow the pistol to cycle.

Silly me.

Took her apart, hit her with some brake clean and some lucas gun oil... works like a charm now.

Now my ruger 10/22 clips... pissing me off. ha ha.

7. Mine too!

Off topic for a sec: I shot a pre-war Hi-Standard Model HB last week using CCI Mini-mags (22LR). Absolutely perfect. I grouped all shots within 2" every time I shot it. My Ruger Mk III using Remington Thunderbolt ammo? all over the place.

ian

8. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Safe bet it needs cleaning.

9. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    My general diagnosis for a gun malfunction is it's dirty.

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama

If you can do it yourself, you may try Brownells.com