Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

high tension set for 5? Would black diaminds work?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by clanner, May 3, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    Does anyone know of a string manufacturer and set that is fairly high tension for a five string? Iplay an Ibanez sr 405 and the B string is the only one giving me any real trouble. it's the string the needs to be the shortest.

also, can someone tell me about black Diamond Strings? I have been trying to find some and I'm going insane.(might just be out of stock)

edit: also, could some one list the gauges and which guages are High tension and which are low?, sorry for the stupid questions. and which strings tend to have a warmer tone.

2. Can't help you very much, but here goes.

The highest tension strings I've ever fitted to My bass (American Dlx Jazz 5) are Rotosound TruBass 88s, black nylon strings. Whilst quite high tension (I think that mainly comes from their greater thickness) they feel fairly easy to play and not at all like the steel hawsers I was expecting.

[Please see thread by Blisshead in this forum about Roto 88s where I make further comment].

John