High voltage zapper??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by basseddie, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Picked up the latest bass player mag today, and saw in the new products section (i think that is correct) an item you install on your bass and connect to the bridge. What this product does is gives you a shock everytime you play a wrong note. Sounds like a shocking way to learn, but i guess one would learn quickly.
    I thought it was a joke at first but they are serious. Who would buy one of those anyway. Would you??
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Is it the April issue? Bass Player magazine has played April Fools' jokes for years by slipping humorous tidbits here and there throughout their April issue. One has to read very carefully or risk being caught off guard, as I usually am.

I'm not saying that this definitely IS one of their April Fools' jokes, but it certainly sounds like one.

3. I would think that it´s an april fool...

last year, there was some guy that was in a band that recently published a cd with a 60 min. song entirely in E..... and he was thinking about getting a 6-string because it weighs alot.... :D

and some year there was a "rubber bass" or something with 3 strings, and 1 string coming across the other 3 or something.. :)

and one time they had a 6 string bass, tuned E-A-D-G-B-E and used thin strings.... was called the "stratoblaster" or something... (a pic of a stratocaster (guitar) )... :D

I love april fools! :)
  4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    The one about the disposable bass had me at first. I even posted in the basses forum about it.
  5. those items both had me at first, i'm so ashamed... basseddie, of course it's a joke. did you ever watch seinfeld? check out the address of the company.
  6. ok.. they got me... didnt realize it was the april issue. But it is an intreging idea..humm.. i wonder, if i get a lamp cord hook it up to the bridge and tuners and plug it in if it would do the same thing....
    That puff rice bass looks mighty tasty...
  7. also, if that kind of thing would exist.... how could it know when you hit the wrong notes?

the "zapper" would have to know which notes you were supposed to play... :)
  8. Yup, it had me fooled.