higher price than expected

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Milothicus, Apr 16, 2002.

1. How reliable are the prices in the pricelists the manufacturers release? should i really expect to pay almost 500 CAN for 2 pickups for a six-string bass? do retailers actually charge the amount the list suggests?

i'm just starting to think about pickups for my project bass, and it's scaring me away from building it at all.

i may seem naive but i really didn't think i'd spend more than 250 on pickups.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I don't know much about the Canadian market, but here in the US, most pickups can be gotten at a fairly steep discount (Bartolini excepted). Try a site like www.victorlitz.com or www.blackrosecustom.emerchantpro.com/ to see some of the discounts that are available on this side of the border.

If you try, you can get Barts at something of a discount, but they still seem to be pretty pricy. What pickups are you looking at?
  3. i've looked at barts as well as emg's. i looked at the seymour duncan site, but they don't seem to make 6-string bass pickups. ok, they do. and the price is great! thank you so much. i'm excited about this bass again!
  4. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    yes they do , bass lines have a line for 6 strings as well for 5

they are call

active soap bar

you wil find them on the "Cutting edge"
  5. I see you've found something, but FYI, I paid about $500 CDN for a set of Bartolini G67 7 string pickups, a Bartolini NTBT preamp and a set of Bartolini 9W4J pickups. So you can get them for a "reasonable" price.

6. geoff, did you go through a local store or online?