1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Highest Quality Push/Pull Potentiometer

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dregsfan, Mar 23, 2010.

1. dregsfan

dregsfan Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2006
    In the interest of using a good quality component vs. crap (you can relate, right?), I need a 250K audio taper push/pull pot for my Delano soapbar. Any brand recommendations? Many thanks.

2. xaxxat

xaxxat

Oct 31, 2008
    Alpha or Allparts. Not a lot of choices around...

3. jworrellbass

jworrellbass Commercial User

May 17, 2009
    Colorado Springs CO
    Owner, builder: jworrellbass
  4. dregsfan

Sep 13, 2006
    Yeah, I've delt with them before. Very helpfull folks. Thanks jworrellbass. Checked out your website and basses. Nice.

5. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009
  6. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Just avoid the Alpha push-pull pots. *shudders*
    Light, flimsy, fits only crookedly on my PG, and no resistance on turning, either. I had it wired for Series/Parallel on my PJ bass, and after it started crackling like hell after a couple weeks, it is now unusable (have to press really hard on the side of the shaft).

7. xaxxat

xaxxat

Oct 31, 2008
    I think at one time the Allparts push-pulls were being made by Panasonic. I don't know if that's still the case.

The Alpha pots I have work fine. Maybe they're from a different lot.

8. dregsfan

Sep 13, 2006
    Well I went to the Bourns website. Looks like the way to go. Check it out guys. Click on Pro Audio. (Interview with Seymour Duncan)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020