1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Highlander pickups ?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by sixstringer506, Aug 20, 2003.

1. I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard these pickups ? I did a search but nothing came up . Any info would be appreciated . http://www.highlanderpickups.com/

2. I haven't tried the Bass Highlander yet. However I have an IP1 in my 6 string acoustic guitar and am very happy with it. At the Healdsburg guitar Festival this past weekend I heard several other guitars with them installed and they sounded very natural.

I would think the bass one would sound good, but you never know.

Keith

3. I have a Highlander IP1 built into my URB bridge. I'm very happy with the results but it's a tricky installation. I had it done by a bass shop over here in the Netherlands. I have a Musima URB with a rather thick bridge what seems to help when installing a pickup into the bridge.
    I mounted the (class a) preamp behind the tailpiece and it works great. I can't compare it with other piezo's 'cause this was my first system and I didn't tried out any other systems.