SOLD Highly Efficient 2x15 Bass Speaker Cab - Faital 15PR400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jaroh24, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Price:
    I’m selling my handmade 2x15 bass cab before I move up north to downsize. This cab was built using some of the finest speaker cabinet materials in the industry. The cab is constructed from baltic birch plywood and held together by wood glue, pneumatic nail gun nails, and bracing. The exterior was coated with two coats of Duratex truck bed liner for a durable finish. PA grade handles and rubber feet top it off.

This speaker cab uses two Faital 15PR400 speakers and has two front ports to tune it to around 45 Hz using WinISD speaker designer software. These speakers are some of the most efficient speakers on the market. They can move a lot of air and this cab will get louder than an Ampeg 810 fridge because of the speaker's high sensitivity. The cab was designed to be relatively flat in frequency response and was inspired by this forum post here:

Custom DIY 2x15 cab build

There is a single Neutrik speaker cable jack on the back and the cab is rated at 4 ohms. It weighs in at 60 pounds - very light compared to an Ampeg 810!! This cab will definitely see a long life and it’s a shame I have to part with it.

Price: $700. Local pickup only - I can meet you halfway up to a reasonable distance. Reach out to me if you live far away and I can see what we can work out (for example, I’ll be driving to Arkansas this summer. I’ll also be moving to Pittsburgh. I can meet anyone on the way or at these locations)

Attached Files:

2. Bruiser Stone

Bruiser Stone Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    You must have used an Acoustic 106 as the template because that looks just like an early 70’s version I used to own. It sounded really rich.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  3. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Bad. Ass.

jaroh24 likes this.
  4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    saWEEEEET cab! :thumbsup:

jaroh24 likes this.
  5. Man, that construction looks to be impeccable. Just beautifully finished. Good luck with the sale, and with your move up north : )

jaroh24 likes this.
  6. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Yep I did use an Acoustic 106 for inspiration. I also own an Acoustic 370 head, so this cab was designed to pair well with that head. Love the old Acoustic gear

Bruiser Stone likes this.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    What's the width? In other words, does an SVT-CL hang off the edges?

Also, where are you in relation to Nashville?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  8. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    It’s 25 inches wide to fit my Acoustic 370 head. An SVT is 24 inches wide.

I’m 3 hours away from Nashville, but I could meet you in Bowling Green, Kentucky (1 hour away from Nashville). I had planned on visiting a friend there.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  9. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Accepting offers for this. Need to sell it soon

10. trebbihm

trebbihm

Dec 7, 2014
    Inland Empire
    In detail, what are the dimensions of the cab? Yours looks nearly identical to one I picked up used a couple years ago, same speakers and everything. Maybe it needs a friend.

11. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi, thanks for asking. I’m meeting with someone in 2 days to sell it. If it falls through, I’ll message you back. Thanks!

12. bassplayer9512

bassplayer9512

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    If it falls through I live in Pittsburgh and would absolutely buy this

13. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Sold

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021