Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Highly modified fretless rickenbacker

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by XxBassmanxX, Jun 24, 2002.

1. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I gotta highly modified fretless Rick for sale. Sorry i dont have pics. Its light purple ( like the talkbass windowish!) with a black (not regular shaped) pcikgaurd and 3 pickups. its got 2 knobs and 3 switches. the pickups are as follows: rick pickup at the neck, humbucker in the middle, and jazz at the bridge. not sure what the company is that made the jazz or humbucker. Its gotta Badass 1 bridge that was cut into the body and a string tree for the D and G strings. Also the truss rod cover is black. The body was carved to a rounder profile which i like because its more comfortable than most ricks ive played. I hate to sell this thing but i am having money problems and i barely play it so i am gonna get rid of it. its got some nicks and cracks in paint so i dont know where to price it. Ill consider any reasonable offers. BTW i bought it from the bass palace last christmas. They might have some pics ill check.

Joe

2. How much did you pay for it, and what mods have you done after the purchase?

I'm interested, you can e-mail me or post here.

3. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I paid $450 for it last December, but one of the pickup switches was bad so i had it bypassed (the humbucker is always on now). Any guitar shop could wire a new switch if you really cared and you can get the same kind from Carvin i believe. Other than fixing the switch its the same way i bought it.

Joe