Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Highs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Systemofadowner, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Systemofadowner

Systemofadowner

Feb 24, 2002
    Mass
    Whats the best non emg pick up that has brilliant highs. I'm going to put a dimarzio p as a bridge pickup and that gives me good mids and lows, so whats a pick up i can put on for my neck pickup that has great highs?

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You want a Neck pickup that has highs? most people look for the highs from their bridge pickup, and a more midrange, more mellower sound from the neck,, but hey, whatever. If it's a "p" type pickup, and you have a p and the bridge already, i'm assuming you have a dual "p" design. highs? try a blade humbucker at the neck, or , even better, get the QTR-POUNDER, Super de duper highs, as well as some lows. Listen to some of blinks new stuff, dont have to like em, but listen to the clank on that thing! Thats the QTR-PND er pickup.

3. Systemofadowner

Systemofadowner

Feb 24, 2002
    Mass
    is the jazz quarter pounder just as good dude?

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Me not sure, Ive never had the chance to play with it. Ask around though, i'm just posting to your therd so it gets bumped up and maybe you can get a responce.