1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Highway 1 - trussrod access at heel a problem?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayfromDeeKay, Oct 16, 2009.

1. JayfromDeeKay

JayfromDeeKay

Jun 23, 2009
    Hi, guys! I was considering getting a Fender Highway One Jazz (if that is the correct name for the latest version of this series), but I read on these forums that the trussrod on these basses is adjusted at the heel. Does that mean that the neck will have to be removed for the trussrod to be adjusted? Or does it come with some kind of tool that allows adjustment without taking off the neck?

If so, it is a dealbreaker for me; due to the climate where I live, I have to adjust the trussrod quite often, and I've sworn a solemn oath to never again purchase an instrument with trussrod access at the heel. :p

2. No not at all. There's a small gap in the pickguard and body, and they give you a long wrech to turn the truss rod with.

3. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I concur. Easy access. Don't let it deter you. The HW1 are excellent instruments.

4. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    This might help. It's a picture of a 2006 HWY1 P.
    2273289676_b46e6844f4.

5. JayfromDeeKay

JayfromDeeKay

Jun 23, 2009
    Thanks a lot, guys! I'm very happy to hear this!