1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Highway One Jazz owners...pickguards?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Dec 29, 2011.

1. I'll be getting a Fender Highway One Jazz soon and wondered if any of you have changed the pickguards on your Highway One. Mine is the honey blonde finish. Thinking of a tort pg. I'll be looking for a direct replacement. Where did you find yours? Any pictures are more than welcome.
    Thanks.

2. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Here is my '06 with a 62 re-issue pickguard. I think the right tortoise shell guard would look great on the Honey Blonde. It is hard to find a good looking tortoise shell guard these days though. I got lucky.

DSCN2158-1.

3. That's the color I'm thinking. Where did you get it and was it a direct replacement? I'm not sure if an American Standard will fit a Highway One.

4. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I bought that one on Ebay. Certain years of the 62 RI guards look great, but most are the swirly brown kind. Some of the early 60s classic Jazz Basses have nice guards too. This particular one is very close to an early 70s pickguard, almost identical. It was a perfect fit, but I did screw holes in the body for the tug bar and the bell cover.