HighwayOne JazzNeck and Geddy Lee Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bohemond, Dec 27, 2007.

1. bohemond

bohemond

Nov 3, 2007
    I checked all the forums and wasnt able to find the answer to this specifically. My question is how do the necks of these two basses differ? Is the Geddy Lee Jazz neck shaped differently or have a smaller radius. I am getting one or the other but the GC around here doesnt have any out on display. Are they about the same? Thanks for the help

2. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    I *think* the only difference is the Geddy is slightly slimmer on the backside. The radius will be the same.

3. bohemond

bohemond

Nov 3, 2007
    Thanks. Decisions.....

4. Hemispheres85

Hemispheres85

Jun 15, 2006
    The highway one also has a satin finish on the neck while the Geddy has a heavy gloss finish.

5. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    And the Hwy1 has graphite rods to keep it straight.

6. foyos

foyos

Feb 10, 2006
    lisbon portugal
    and one has maplefingerboard and the other doesn't...

7. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    but other than that they're the same

8. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    geddy has said that theyre going to change to a sanded down (so probably satin) finish on the back of the geddy models for the next run of basses...not sure when the 'next run' is, but that was what he said in an interview.

9. bohemond

bohemond

Nov 3, 2007
    I like the Maple better myself on the Geddy. Can anyone tell me if graphite rods are more desirable?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021