Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hilarious Site

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Boplicity, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

As the war in Iraq wore on, I became more and more interested in an astounding and remarkable Iraqi who remained intrepid in his daily pronouncements on the course of the war. I refer to Mohammed Saeed-al-Sahaf, the Minister of Information whose daily briefings stood in stark contrast to the no-nonsense and, dare I say, almost monotonous CentCom briefings from Qatar.

Sahaf was almost quixotic as he bravely cited his impossible dream of "infidels with burning stomachs." I figured I was one of the few in the world who missed him after the fall of Baghdad, but come to find out, someone has set up a web site to perpetuate memories of the man---and it is hilarious. It contains many of Sahaf's most colorful quotes. It also has a very funny section that places Sahaf at various key historical events, together with quotes that Sahaf might have said had he been there.

It has a section where you can submit your choice of actor to play his part in the inevitable movie that will be made (produced by Jerry Bruckheimer???) about Sahaf. It is fun to see choices already posted.

Also letters from folks who have visited the site are funny. I love the one where the writer who says Sahaf should be a verb as in "to sahaf" or to be "sahafing" meaning stubborn denial in the face of overwhelming evidence against you." A recent "sahafer" is Michael Jackson who claimed to have had only two surgeries on his nose.

If you are a fan of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, check out:

www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's down right now, but they promise it will be back.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The site has been overwhelmed with hits since its inception. They claim to have "burned out" one server. I think it is because the Iraqi "Dis-Information Minister" has touched so many people with his dogged denials of painfully obvious truth. After awhile he could hardly keep a straight face, but tried anyway to keep a brave face for whoever listened. I suppose there is a lesson in that, though I'm not sure what it is. I wonder what has happened to him. The site says he is on "administrative leave."

4. That site rules :D

I know of another war related site thats also hilarious, but its definitly not for the 18 and under crowd. PM me if you want it.

[​IMG]

5. The man was a hero, in his own little way.....

I loved that site! :D :cool:

6. Because of their no-nonsense, tell it like it is attitude, if they make a biopic movie about al-sahaf, I think his part should be played by either Jacky Mason or Bruce Lindfield :D

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL! Cheeky.........

Apparently, some of the surrounding countries were stunned and shocked when Bahgdad fell because they all believed this idiot. They thought Iraq was winning.

Shows to go ya..... to power of propaganda. Makes you wonder how much of what we've been told is just as bogus.........

8. Thanks Bop, can't wait for it to be up again.

And think of all the new and exotic insults/invective!

"Go and sahaf yourself, punk"
    "That guy with the fake fro is such a sahafhead."
    "Damn this chair, I've just busted my sahafing shins!"

:rolleyes: