Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hip hop stop

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by J Q F, Dec 26, 2005.

1. J Q F

J Q F Guest

Dec 23, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    This isn't that funny more disturbing but i'm laughing now. You have to or you'll burst eventually. Ok I recently recorded some bass lines for a underground hip hop/rap artist. Generally not my cup of tea but I just love to play. I sacraficed my time and energy going to his place and recording onto his computer. The 1st track we did was really good and his tracks sounded fuller and better with the bass. I recorded 2 parts 1 low 1 high and i was very happy with what I had done. Ever since I helped him out s*** started to happen. The student residence where I do my music course started to be covered with stupid things in spray paint, things start to disapear into thin air, he'd rock up at 2 in the morning with people I don't want to be around, which pi**ed off me and the people I lived with. He's nearly got me kick out for stupid stuff and I get the blame cos he's there to see me and wont fudge off. I can't leave my jazz course it's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me! I'm just trying to excell my career by working with a wide range of artists but this guy's wack. Just makes me love my other projects more, the one's with true muso's. But this is the most fu**ed part. He wants me to buy a copy of his CD! The one I slaved over and provided musical insight to. I was expecting a cut or something but i've got to pay for it? I want him to release it without my bass lines. So there's nearly full tracks of drum beats, nothing else! He could have made more money 2 cos i'd recomend it to people but now Jay my buddy (also raps on the CD) bought a copy grudgingly so it'll be burnt copies everywhere (I'll post the instrumental track soon as I find it). If he keeps up his act he'll get a visit from some security guards I know. To secure him a place in hospital. Don't get me wrong i'm not a violent guy what so ever i'm laughing at him right now. Cos with his attitude he'll never be n e where (apart from a dumpster). I won't be working with him next year. He's lost the best bass player he'll ever know. If he wants he can spend four years learning bass like I have. It's the only way his wack tracks are gonna sound not wack.

Moral of this true story?
    Don't work with people who don't repect you as a person!

J Q F
    Jimmy Quick Fingers
    For non wack tracks visit
    www.mp3.com/jimmyquickfingers

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    How disappointing! What I don't get is why he or his friends would behave in such a retaliatory fashion, tagging stuff and taking things. You did a nice thing for him, and this is how he repays you, by destroying property, harrassing you, and then having the mudder-ruttin' huevos to ask you to *buy* the cd!?!? What a loser. If he shows up again, after you told him not to, maybe call the cops on him for a trespasser.

Cherie