1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

[Hiphop]Aesop Rock: None shall pass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Vorago, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I only discovered this album a couple of weeks ago, but it's been out since september (I think). I'll sleep when you're dead by El-P was my album of 2007, but after listening to None shall pass every single day, I think El-P will have to share his spot with Aesop (they're on the same label anyway :smug: Def Jux!).

I think his previous albums were a bit unfocused but this one is spot on! Incredible flow, inventive yet very listenable beats, original lyrics...simply amazing.

[​IMG]

None shall pass

Citronella

Five fingers

And yes the other tracks are as good as these!

Enjoy!

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    At the beginning of the semester a buddy of mine convinced me to go check out Aesop Rock with him. It was a great show, Ace was spot on with all his stuff, and they played with The Octopus Project(!), which was great in and of itself, because they're completely different from Aesop Rock, but it was very complementary.

My advice Vorago, is work backwards with Aesop Rock. Next on your list should be the Fast Cars, Danger, Fire And Knives EP,
    because if you buy it, you get a booklet with all his lyrics up to that point. That makes the rest of his records so much more awesome I can't explain it in words.

Fast Cars

3. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Gotta agree I think this is his best album to date. He puts on a great show too. Saw him at North 6 in Brooklyn awhile back and he just killed it.

4. axisluminary

axisluminary

Sep 30, 2007
    none shall pass is really good, definitely some of his most refined and focused stuff to date. although, i would have to say that the daylight ep is still at the top of my list.

5. charliet

charliet

Aug 29, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    damn i havnt listened to aes rock since like 2000 or something (whenever Float came out) but i would imagine his newest stuff is good....is it?

6. LzeroKI

LzeroKI

Dec 24, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    I dont listen to a whole lot of hip-hop, but Coffee is one of the smoothest tunes Ive ever heard.