1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot A bridge question.....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dredmahawkus, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Ok I just got a new lull and I hated the string spacing! it must be .787 because I have a fender spacing .750 in my drawer and I put that on and it was much better! Now one problem is I have to put the strings as close together as possible even with the .750 to get the exact feel I like....now I am getting another lull in the next few weeks...so I am going to have to order another bridge.....if I get the .718 are the mounting holes the same like the .787 and .750 were? I guess I could get another .750 and move all the saddles close together but I figured since I like the strings closer I might as well get the closer spacing one.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Call the shop and talk with one of the guys.

SanDiegoHarry likes this.
  3. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
  4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    One of the benefits of buying a bass like a Lull new is that they will give you some serious support love.

5. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
  6. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I was just told by a custom place that every hipshot bridge the mounting holes are thee same as the string spacing....so every bridge is different mounting holes....thats messed up cuz the lull i had you can see its bigger then the .750 I have in my drawer yet it mounted right on to it....and the one that was on there was too big and the .750 was perfect.

7. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I just used my micrometer too and the lull is .787 and the one in my draw is .750 and the 750 lines up perfect for mounting.

8. Awesome Sauce

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    That is correct, and that's what is shown in their diagrams.

Rob
    :bassist:10001110101:thumbsup:

9. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    It does not show a .718 though...thats what I want to put on my next one....that was my question.

10. Awesome Sauce

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    This is what I was referring to earlier. It seems we posted at the same time, causing some confusion.

Rob
    :bassist:10001110101:thumbsup: