1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot A style (4 strings, 3 hole mounting) minimum height

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Reviz, May 2, 2010.

1. Reviz

Reviz

May 2, 2010
    Italy
    Hi, my name is Gabriele and I'm a new user.

I want to change the bridge of my fender precision (2001) but i need to know what is the minimum height of the saddle from the body for the Hipshot A style (4 strings, 3 hole mounting).

I'm asking for it because, for exemple, I see that the Badass III minimum height is too high for my setup.

Best regards to everyone.

Gabriele.

2. Could you not measure it with ruler?

3. Reviz

Reviz

May 2, 2010
    Italy
    I haven't the hipshot A style...

4. grrrr!!!!

grrrr!!!!

Jan 5, 2009
    Europe
    Comparing the minimum height of some popular Fender mount high mass bridges (Badass II, Gotoh 201, Hipshot A, Fender HMV) would help those looking for a drop in replacement bridge without the hassle of taking off the neck and using a shim.

Anyone?

5. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    I've got a Hipshot A style on my 75 and it fit just fine. I've also had a BadAssII on another 75 and one on my Modulus VJ and they fit with no problem. You'll need to file the saddles on the Badass though. I love the BadAssII but prefer the HIpshot A now that I've had it on for a few years.

Best of luck.

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Somewhere on the internets, back when I was shopping for a Hipshot A style bridge, I easily located a diagram with all the dimensions listed. I'd start with Hipshot first.

7. grrrr!!!!

grrrr!!!!

Jan 5, 2009
    Europe
    This is on the Hipshot site but gives no indication of height.

8. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    too true. At bestbassgear.com they have listings for "fender mount" A style bridges, and I have found them to be very helpful and chuck full of knowledge too.