1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot (aluminium) vs Badass II (zinc) for muddy sounding bass....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cieran, May 11, 2010.

1. Cieran

Cieran

Aug 24, 2009
    UK
    ...any suggestions to improve the tone?

I have read through all the related threads in the forums and from what I can tell, the general consensus is that the Hipshot will sound brighter and clearer than the Badass. I think this fundamentally comes down to zinc vs aluminium.

Any opinions from anyone that has actually used either of these bridges?

2. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    There's a video on youtube where a dude plays the same bass with a gotoh bridge and a badass bridge. Youtube "badass bridge" and something like that should come up, I'm at work right now and they block youtube from us... I've owned both bridges and yes IMO the gotoh is more brighter and punchier than the badass but the badass has more sustain and fits better in a band situation, at least for me it does. The one thing that annoyed me with the gotoh was how high it set the strings off the neck and it was such a pain to fix it.