1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot B vs. Vintage bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 6pack Jon, Oct 13, 2006.

1. 6pack Jon

6pack Jon

Jul 6, 2006
    Queens, NY
    Been thinking of replacing the BAII off my Fender JP-90. After reading posts and checking out some parts sites I think its going to be between the Hipshot B and the Hipshot Vintage. Has anybody used both? Do they have the same saddles? Any additional info woud be great.

2. 6pack Jon

6pack Jon

Jul 6, 2006
    Queens, NY
    Since I got no info I flipped a coin and the Hipshot Vintage won. Hope to have it in a few days.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Anything with the word "vintage" in it is always better than not.

4. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    I installed a Hipshot Vintage 5-string thru-body bridge this past week. Definitely a high quality bridge that is built as solid as can be. It's the first bridge of this style that I actually like

The 5-string model wasn't a five hole attachment, and I don't know about the 4-string model. Be prepared that you may need to drill a couple of new holes for installation.

all the best,

R

5. 6pack Jon

6pack Jon

Jul 6, 2006
    Queens, NY
    Rodent, I will be getting the 5 holed one. Direct replacement.

6. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    excellent! I heard they were working on making this available ... good to know that they're here :hyper:

I like this bridge enough that I will be including it as an option on the basses I make, depending on the specific model bass. I'm sure you're going to like it

all the best,

R

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021