1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot bass extender for Ibanez RB 850

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by NYBassPlayer, Jan 12, 2017.

1. NYBassPlayer

NYBassPlayer

Dec 18, 2016
    Hi. Does anyone know of a Hipshot bass extender that fits a 1986 Ibanez Roadstar RB850? I thought it was the GB7, but the tuning "stem" is a lot skinnier than the stock tuner.

2. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    you can email hipshot and tell them your bass model and they will tell you what will work.
    that is what i did for one of my basses when i was not sure which one to get.

3. NYBassPlayer

NYBassPlayer

Dec 18, 2016
    Thanks. I will.

4. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I had Hipshot convert my 80's Ibanez E tuner (also a late 80's small plate Fender tuner) - they sell their own ready-assembled versions in these 2 styles and offer other commonly used style also, but they will do their Drop-D conversion using most any (original) tuner made. I wanted to keep my tuners consistent and not have one that was new with a 25 yr old + set.

IMG_0859_zpsai2fb6lu.

IMG_0524_zpsn2im8ztd.

5. NYBassPlayer

NYBassPlayer

Dec 18, 2016
    That's awesome. I had no idea they did that. If I'm understanding you, you sent them your original tuner and they attached it to the plate and lever?
    How long did it take?
    How much did it cost?