hipshot bass tremelo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by the_bassment, Jan 23, 2006.

1. has any one tryed one of these and is kahler still making there bridges because i saw an ad in a mag yeterday with victor holding a fodera equped with a kahler bass trem:confused:
  2. Holmann

Dec 23, 2005
    Ashland, WI
    I've installed several of the hipshot units- they are superbly machined and perform very well. I was suprised, however, at the limited range of motion. About a whole step is as far as they go, no divebombs.

I've no experience with that particular Kahler unit, but for the most part the kahler products I run into doing repairs are complete junk. The company went away for a while, I think- maybe someone else bought the name and is doing a better job now.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I have yet to try a Hipshot, but the answer is yes, Kahler bass trems are back in production as of recently. They've been hot sellers on eBay for about $250-350 depending on condition, color and model, however, the new models are right in the same price range. Work just as well from what I hear, and I plan to get a 2410 for a bass pretty soon.

The Kahler is THE best bass trem as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Holmann, are you sure you weren't dealing with cheapo Kahler clones? There were a LOT of them out there.
  4. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    I've owned both the kahler and the hipshot....The hipshot is by far a better tremelo. I can "dive bomb" with it and it goes further than a whole step no prob, and it stay's in tune to boot. I had serious tuning issues with the kahler. Good luck!
  5. yeah i was looking at he hipshots and it looks as if there isnt much room to bring it back with and does anyone have a link to the new kahler web site cant find anything useful on google
  6. jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Just FYI, Kahler had a pretty extensive booth at NAMM so they are definetly back ...