1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot Bass Xtender Double Stop Lever

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dvlmusic, Apr 18, 2015.

1. dvlmusic

dvlmusic

Jul 24, 2010
    Alameda, CA
    About a year ago, I bought a double stop lever and installed it on my P. I was really good with the single stop lever, being able to shift to D and back to E within the same tune, often very quickly. I love the idea of the double stop, but I have one problem.

I have it tuned to E, D and C in the lowest position. I used to be able to just flick the lever with my thumb and have it snap into the D position. Now with the double stop, I find that if I flick it the string tension is enough that it drops all the way to C, almost bypassing the middle position.

Anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions on a solution?

2. Zac.L

Zac.L

Jul 30, 2015
    For a first time Xtender buyer would you recomend the original or the double stop
    Cheers, Zac

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    If you can drop to C without muddying up the tone why bother with the D at all, just drop to C when needed and then you can save a couple bucks using the single drop tuner instead of the, IMO, poorly designed double stop tuner (@Zac.L take the hint.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  4. Zac.L

Zac.L

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks heaps
    but can you drop it all the way down to C with the original Xtender?
    Cheers, Zac

5. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    It's adjustable, so you should be able to.

6. Zac.L

Zac.L

Jul 30, 2015
    I just emailed Bill at hipshot several time and this is what he said
    "Hi Zac,

Should not be a problem with the GB7. dependent on the string, it should go lower than a B.

Thanks!

Bill"

He was talking about a standard Xtender
    Cheers, Zac

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  7. Chuck Pearson

Chuck Pearson Banned

May 22, 2016