1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot bridge?....intonation help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kwantize, May 16, 2011.

1. kwantize

kwantize

Mar 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I've tried to find some info on this bridge online, and am not having much luck. The closest I've found seems to be hipshot, so I'm guessing this is an older discontinued model. I've been switching all of the gold hardware out for black, and this is the only piece I haven't changed. I'm hoping to grab one in the next couple of months. I picked up a new set of strings to use untill then, and wanted to do some basic intonation as a couple of strings have become a little out of tune with themselves. I've had this bass set up professionally a few times, and haven't ever really messed around with a bridge like this with no screws to move the saddles. I've been tinkering around with it a little, and am having a hard time figuring it out. I can't seem to get the pitch of the strings to move sharp of flat at all. Anyone have experience with these?

Attached Files:

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This is an ABM bridge or a really good copy. They are (or were) stock on US Cirrus basses.

Each saddle body (not the darker saddle insert) is locked in place with hex set screw located just behind the saddle insert. The set screw is oriented in a downward angle in such a way that it "jams" the saddle body against the side of the channel. Loosen it and, using gentle fingertip pressure, move the body back 'n forth to achieve correct intonation. Re-lock.

The saddle insert itself has a locking screw on the front of the saddle body. Once loosened, the insert can be repositioned up 'n down (string height) or side-to-side (string spacing). Again, relock.

Riis

3. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    ...And, really good bridges, I might add!