Hipshot Bridge Question?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bassworship1, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I have a bass that has the Hipshot A Bridge where you have the set screw that you can adjust to control the String spacing for the indvidual strings. However 2 of the screws are stripped and can;t be loosened or tightened for me to adjust the spacing. Is it possible to replace and buy the individual saddles for this bridge?

2. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    That is a question that ought to be put in an email to hipshot's customer service email email.

3. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician
    Use a small screw extractor to remove the set screws, then replace them. Saddles are fine.

4. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    The set screw in the top of the Saddle is what is stripped. The 1 screw that allows you to adjust the string spcing of each string is stripped on the B and G string saddle.

5. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

As mentioned above - Hipshot should be able to help you out.

My experience with them was very positive.

6. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I e-mailed them and was able to get new saddles for $5 each.

campbems likes this.
  7. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    Yup - I have had a couple experiences with Hipshot's CS - all were positive... Very good products from a very good company, IMO/IME...

8. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Contacted them and they are sending new saddles free of charge to replace them.

mesaplayer83 likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022