1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hipshot Bridges E --> Drop D??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by stompfrog, May 29, 2005.

1. Does any one know where I can get a new bridge for a 4 string bass which has the ability to to change the tuning from E to D at the flick of a switch.

I have seen this on many guitars but never in a bass.

Does anyone know of anywhere online that sells these, I have searched but cannot find any for basses.

Many Thanks

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You want a hipshot de-tuner, and it replaces the E string tuning peg in your headstock - it's nothing to do with the bridge. Most guitar shops sell them. Expect to pay £80.

3. *** Apologies, this should be in the basses section, can someone move it :meh: ***

£80! thats not cheap...

How do they work then?
    Are they accurate?

4. http://www.hipshotproducts.com/xtenders.htm

I've got them on my P-basses.

do a search as there are lots of topics about them in the archives here- esp. in the setup forum.

also there have been D-tuner devices at the bridge-
    Hohner did one for their B bass, and also the Headless B2ADB, copied from Steinberger's design.
    also Ibanez do a few soundgear basses with monorail bridges inc. a dtuner unit for the E string.