Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hipshot D-Tuners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Curry, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Does anyone know of a good online store that sells the hipshot bass xtenders (d-tuners) at reasonable prices?

2. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    Bass Central or Bass NW...

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Call Dave at Hipshot 1-800-262-5630, he can tell you EXACTLY what model you need, and where to get it. he has Helped me in the past.It really help's
    to have the corect part number before ordering.:)

4. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Cool guys, thanks.

BTW, how much of NV43345 can you actually play? I can play maybe half of it at about half speed, that is such a hard solo. Billy Sheehan is the man.

5. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I shred it dude, exept for the end when you can hear the wood about give LOL !!! That is where I draw the line. I have to work very hard to pay for my basses,You know what I mean.I play it on my 1991 Yamaha Attitude Limited, threw 2 amp/rigs.
    with of course the "Hipshot".
    [​IMG]

6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Nice bass dude. You must be a huge Sheehan fan to have the Attitude bass. At least you dont have the one piece pink strap too, hehe.

I assume you have the same book I do if you can play that. The Cherry Lane "The Talas Years" book. He doesn't actually bend the neck to make the strings do that. Look on page 26, bottom right. It says quote "Slowly detune string with tuning peg, allowing string to slap against pickup." I guess now you can play the ending too :)

7. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I hate to mess with the tuner so I "do" bend the neck, with the Hipshot on the "D" position the string is flappy enough to make that weird clicky noise, I dont have to bend it that much. It has a pretty tough neck joint. As far as Billy, I have met him, and he is so nice in person, look above my ABG, in this pic, you can see a autographed
    flier from a local in store he did.I do have that book as well as Mr.Big and mr.Big lean into it
    books as well as his 2 videos. I love playing "just take my heart" on my six string bass. I have not heard any of his Niacin material yet.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Stewart MacDonald (stewmac.com) carries two varieties in chrome. And I think Warmoth might, not sure.