1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot drop d lever?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wspray, Sep 13, 2008.

1. wspray

wspray

Sep 13, 2008
    Okay, now I'll really demonstrate my ignorance. Not only do I wonder if the BB 1500 I just won on e-bay was even made in black, but it has a "hipshot drop d lever". Where is this thing and what does it do?

2. It's a lever attached to the E string tuner and when you flip it, the string tunes to D automatically. If anything it's a huge plus and as for being worried about your bass, just think: If it were a fake BB, wouldn't the owner atleast take off the detuner before selling? Don't worry about it man, enjoy your new bass :D

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=6

3. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    The hipshot d-tuner is used to quickly change a strings open tuning. On my Music Man 4 I have one installed on my low E string pos. Quick flip of lever and my open E detunes to a open D. You adj the little thumb screw to adj the specific tuning you choose.

Have Fun:hyper:

4. dirtygoat

dirtygoat

Sep 13, 2008
    I've played with a hipshot for about 14 yrs...

Love the thing...

Does exactly what the other 2 posts says...

5. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    here is a video demonstration of the one I have on mine..

6. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    +1 Genius invention have fitted them to all but one of my solid body basses. Brilliant for playing in D, Eb and G (at least for me). The other posters have what it does and how it does it covered.