1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot tuners - direct replacement for Squier Deluxe Dimension?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hank Scorpio, May 5, 2015.

1. Picked one of the new Dimension's up on impulse, and I really like the bass - it's quality is good enough that I'm happy gigging with it. While the bridge is solid as a rock, I feel like the tuners could be a little better.

IMAG0500.

These are the tuners in question - they're a little different in shape to the Squier Vintage Modified model's version, but may be the same or very similar as far as hole placement etc.

My question is, does anyone know if Hipshot HB7's would be a direct drop in? My thinking is I'll get those if so for convenience sake, but if I'm going to have to drill anyway, I'm more inclined to get Ultralites.

Is anyone aware of if all current Squier models require the 1/2" pegs, rather than the 3/8"?