1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hipshot Ultra Lite tuners in a Mexi Fender

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by brock29609, Apr 16, 2005.

1. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    Anyone put the these Ultra Lite tuners in a Mexi Fender? I have one tuner here with a 1/2" post and it's swimming around in the hole. Doesn't seem to fit. Can this upgrade be made successfully? Has anyone out there done it?

2. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    anyone?

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    i am in the same boat you are but with a moses neck. you probably have 11/16 holes which are common on domestic basses, 9/16 are usually on imports. i wanted black "Y" style tuners as i think those fender clover style tuners are butt ugly. i found some on the hipshot website model hb6y-1/2. i am pretty sure that is the correct model. quite expensive though at $106 for the set. email art at hipshot with your preferences and he will let you know what they can do for you; he did for me and did it the same day i emailed him.

4. Ditto. Measure the tuner hole. Get the right tuners.

Another choice is to make a bushing to bring the hole size down. It is best done by a machinist but you might find something ready-made that has the right sized ID and OD to work. Take a caliper to Home Depot and go wild.

Pete