1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot Ultralight Failure

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Attakk Bassist, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Attakk Bassist

Attakk Bassist

Jun 19, 2013
    Virginia
    Just got this in the mail put it on my bass and it broke the first time i used it. Are there any other people that have had this problem. IMG_20140627_152933091.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Attach the pic to an e-mail and submit to HipShot...follow up the same day with a phone call. You'll get a replacement, trust me. I've never seen a failure like this but I don't use the x-tenders...so there.

Riis

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Assuming you bought it new it will be under warranty and they will replace it.

4. Attakk Bassist

Attakk Bassist

Jun 19, 2013
    Virginia
    Yeah it's new and I did contact them and they're going to replace it. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else out in Talkbass land.

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    no, that's pretty unusual.

6. no also here. I've been using their tuners for more than 10 years and nothing has ever broken

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Hipshot will definitely take care of you. I had a saddle strip on a bridge and with no question or even proof or purchase they sent me two new saddle assemblies free of charge. Their service is top notch.

Attakk Bassist likes this.
  8. I don't like their products too much but the talk of great service has been consistent enough to convince me on choose them next time I need tuners. I only hope their service is as good this side of the pond too.

9. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    I have also been pleased with customer service from Hipshot. One of the best in the business (and I do mean the industry) imo.

10. Attakk Bassist

Attakk Bassist

Jun 19, 2013
    Virginia
    Well it's good to know it's a rare thing. It would give me comfort and peace of mind if they would just make it out of one piece of metal instead of being stamped into place but I guess you can't have it all.

11. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
    I don't have the ultralight tuners but the Hipshot tuners I have are fantastic. If I were to have a bass built I would not hesitate to use them.

12. Attakk Bassist

Attakk Bassist

Jun 19, 2013
    Virginia
    Yeah I really like my hb6y tuners, I was just a little bit perturbed by the premature failure of the Xtender.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  13. That's more costly to do and, I think, not worth the trouble for music gear. Usualy I see that stuff for motorbike parts.