1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot Ultralites for Fender PJ Mustang

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Focus, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Focus

Focus

Jan 1, 2017
    Hi,
    I'm new to TB and bass playing.
    I've been learning tremendously from TB in the last couple of weeks and am very glad it exists!
    I bought a MIM Fender PJ Mustang a few days ago and it's got quite a neck dive. I ordered Hipshot Ultralite Tuners for it. When I contacted the Hipshot company, they told me to go for 3/8" diameter ones, so I ordered them. But now I can't be sure, as Fenders generally use the 1/2" as far as I learned.
    Has anybody did this change? Which one is the correct one?

Here's the back of the headstock:
    http://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/ZoomJpg/10001/0144050572_gtr_hdstckbck_001_nr.jpg

2. dragonfly66

dragonfly66

Oct 31, 2009
    USA
  3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Fagetaboutit, if Hipshot told you to buy 3/8 tuners, you need 3/8 tuners. In the rare event they're incorrect, call'em on the phone and they'll make it right. They have VERY good customer service. You're right GENERALLY Fender uses 1/2 inch tuners, but there's a model that does use 3/8, I can never keep it straight which one doesn't conform though.